- Project Name: Lexus showroom, Bengaluru
- Office Name: DS2 architects
- Office Website: www.ds2.in
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firm Location: Bengaluru
- Completion Year: 10th March 2018
- Gross Built Area: 800 sqm
- Project location: Bengaluru
- Lead Architects: Ar. Mueen Haris
- Lead Architects e-mail: email@example.com
- Photo Credits: Sanjith Seetharam
The Lexus showroom is a design and cultural confluence of Karnataka and Japan. The design merges elements that traverse time, language, contexts and ethos.
From space planning to facade to lighting fixtures, all the elements interact to create in unison Lexus’s brand slogan – “Experience amazing”.
The site is located at Richmond circle, Bengaluru, a part commercial and residential area with dense traffic influx. The idea for the external facade was derived from the iconic grill designs of the Lexus cars that resemble a spindle. The bold frame plays out in the external facade and continues inside as an L-shaped trellis and engulfs the showroom as the main interior feature. The frame not only creates an interesting visual dialogue but also hides services and frees the display area volume.
The space is divided into five zones in terms of usage and contextual hierarchy – customer zone, display zone, experience zone, wash area and the mezzanine floor(encompassing the conference and M.D. room). In between these spaces, myriad elements interplay to accentuate and celebrate this project as a fusion of different cultures.
The design is an amalgamation of ideas and cultures. It roots Lexus to India and makes it familiar and intimate for the new customer.
Want to get your project published? Get Started Here