Project Details and Costs
- Architects: Bradley Van Der Straeten
- Product Specifications
- Kitchen – Uncommon Projects – £24000
- Glazing – Maxlight – £8750
- Worktop – Hi-Macs – £3000
- Appliances, fittings and furniture:
- Oven – Siemens HB678GBS6B – £710 and Siemens CM633GBS1B – £645
- Hob – Siemens EP7A6QB90 – £458
- Sink – Franke Kubus – £375
- Tap – Grohe Blue Pure Tap Water Filter – £694
- Table – Carl Hansen & Son CH327 – £3280
- Chairs – CH24 Wishbone, Carl Hansen & Son – £700 & CH23 Carl Hansen – £700
- Armchair – Vintage – £150
- Pendant lights – Miguel Mila M64 – £418
For this family home in Leytonstone, the architects responded creatively for the clients need to have more living space for their growing family.
The two key priorities for the home renovation were making sure they had a very strong visual link with the garden and that they had enough space for a large dining table. The existing long narrow kitchen was radically transformed by partially extending out to the side to create a new dining space and widen views onto the garden.
A rich palette of colour and materials have been used throughout the home that include a yellow lounge, a terrazzo showroom and a family bathroom with palm print wallpaper. The result is a bright and warm addition to the home that adds life and a flush of colour to the existing spaces.
Would you like to publish your project(s)? Get started here