Here’s a nifty project I came across on social media that’s fairly easy to do and really cool. Its basically a wall mounted bottle opener that features embedded magnets which catch falling bottle caps when you open a bottle.
WHAT YOU NEED
75mm x 300mm piece of wood
2-inch (50mm) Forstner drill bit
2-inch round magnets
Bottle opener wall attachment
HOW TO MAKE IT
Here’s how you go about making one in 6 ‘easy’ steps
1. Secure the end of a 3 x 12 inch plank to the edge of a table.
2. Use the drill bit to make two depressions in the wood, about 1/2 an inch apart. They should be just deep enough to fit the magnet which is a little over an inch thick.
3. Remove the wood from the clamp. Coat the bottom of the magnets with industrial glue and fit it in the depression.
4. Flip the plank of wood over and attach the bottle opener to the opposite end of the plank.
5. Mount your bottle opener on the wall with screws or with removable adhesive strips that can hold at least 9 pounds.
6. Pop the cap off your bottle and the magnet will catch the cap.